HuronValleyGuns.com - Terms of Sales
THIS TERMS OF SALES AGREEMENT GOVERNS ALL FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION SALES TRANSACTED ON THE HURONVALLEYGUNS.COM WEBSITE. PLEASE READ THESE "TERMS OF SALES" (“SALE AGREEMENT”) VERY CAREFULLY. THE BUYER (CUSTOMER) AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THIS SALES AGREEMENT AND ACCEPTS ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
This Sale Agreement is a legal contract between the Customer and Huron Valley Guns, LLC. The Customer accepts this Sale Agreement by making a purchase, placing an order, or otherwise shopping on the HuronValleyGuns.com website. (References to “you” or “your” shall relate to the Customer; references to “Huron Valley Guns, LLC” shall relate to Huron Valley Guns, LLC and its affiliates.) The terms and conditions of this Sale Agreement are subject to change without prior notice, except that the terms and conditions posted on the HuronValleyGuns.com website at the time the Customer initially places or modifies an order will govern the order in question.
This Sale Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the Customer and Huron Valley Guns, LLC relating to the purchase or sale of goods or services on the HuronValleyGuns.com website. The Sale Agreement may only be modified or terminated with regard to goods or services that have been purchased or sold on the HuronValleyGuns.com website in a writing signed by Huron Valley Guns, LLC. Electronic records (including signatures), that are otherwise valid, shall be accepted under the Sale Agreement. The Customer consents to receiving electronic records, which may be provided via a web browser or e-mail application connected to the Internet; consumers may withdraw consent to receiving electronic records or have the record provided in non-electronic form by contacting Huron Valley Guns, LLC at the address provided below.
In the event of any conflict between the terms and conditions stated on your purchase order and this Sale Agreement, or any terms and conditions on our invoice or website, you agree that the provisions of this Sale Agreement shall govern.
THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN, WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS PRINCIPLES OF CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. EACH OF THE PARTIES HERETO IRREVOCABLY SUBMITS TO THE NON-EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF THE STATE AND FEDERAL COURTS LOCATED IN OAKLAND COUNTY, MICHIGAN FOR PURPOSES OF ANY SUIT, LEGAL ACTION OR PROCEEDINGS ARISING OUT OF THIS TERMS OF SALES AGREEMENT.
Risk of Loss
Title to goods herein being purchased, passes to the purchaser upon acceptance of the shipment by the carrier (once said goods are no longer under Huron Valley Guns, LLC's control) in the shipment of goods to the purchaser (unless otherwise specified prior to shipment). Loss or damage that occurs during shipping by a carrier is the purchaser’s responsibility. Subsequently, it is the responsibility of the purchaser to inspect the contents of the shipment immediately upon receipt of the package(s) AND REPORT ANY DAMAGE IMMEDIATELY TO THE CARRIER. If a claim is to be filed with the carrier for shipment damage, it is the purchaser's responsibility to do so.
General Legal Disclaimer
HURON VALLEY GUNS, LLC HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THIS DISCLAIMER BY HURON VALLEY GUNS, LLC IN NO WAY AFFECTS THE TERMS OF THE MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY, IF ANY.
Pricing and Information Disclaimer
All pricing subject to change without notice. For all prices, products and offers, Huron Valley Guns, LLC reserves the right to make adjustments due to changing market conditions, product discontinuation, manufacturer price changes, errors in advertisements and other extenuating circumstances. While Huron Valley Guns, LLC uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the HuronValleyGuns.com website, Huron Valley Guns, LLC makes no warranties or representations as to the HuronValleyGuns.com website’s accuracy. Huron Valley Guns, LLC assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content on the HuronValleyGuns.com website.
Limitation of Liability
Huron Valley Guns, LLC will not be liable for lost profits, loss of business or other consequential, special, indirect, or punitive damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages, or for any claim by any third party except as expressly provided herein. Huron Valley Guns, LLC will not be liable for products or services not being available for use or for lost or corrupted data or software. Customer agrees that for any liability related to the purchase of products or services, Huron Valley Guns, LLC is not liable or responsible for any amount of damages above the aggregate dollar amount paid by customer for the purchase(s) under this Sale Agreement.
It is the responsibility of the buyer, not Huron Valley Guns, LLC to ascertain and obey all applicable local, state and federal laws in regard to the possession and use of any firearm, ammunition, firearm accessories, et al (merchandise) purchased from HuronValleyGuns.com website. All merchandise are sold upon the condition that we, the seller, shall not be liable in any action for the arrest, accident, or injury occasioned during the transportation, handling, storage, sale, or use of the merchandise. Consult your local and state laws before ordering if you are in doubt. By placing an order, the buyer represents that the products ordered will be used in a lawful manner and that he/she is of legal age (21 years old for handguns & ammunition, 18 years old for long-guns & ammunition (i.e. rifles, shotguns, etc.)). Absolutely no sales to anyone not of legal age to purchase said firearms or ammunition. Huron Valley Guns, LLC or any of its employees will not be held liable for the misuse of any merchandise purchased from us. When you purchase an item from Huron Valley Guns, LLC, you release Huron Valley Guns, LLC and any or all of their employees of any liability regarding your actions concerning the sale, use, ownership and shipping of any merchandise ordered.
Orders - Payment Terms - Taxes
Orders are not binding upon Huron Valley Guns, LLC until accepted by Huron Valley Guns, LLC. Terms of payment are within Huron Valley Guns, LLC’s sole discretion. Invoices are due and payable in full at time of purchase on the HuronValleyGuns.com website. The Customer is responsible for sales and all other taxes associated with the order. Huron Valley Guns, LLC collects Michigan sales tax on all orders delivered to Michigan addresses.
Shipment Insurance Coverage
For orders under $1,000, the shipment carrier insurance is included in the purchase price. For orders over $1,000, additional insurance will be needed to cover any losses above $1,000. It is highly recommended that the purchaser select the additional coverage option during the checkout process. Any losses incurred for a shipment being "under-insured" as a result of the purchaser opting not to accept additional coverage, are not the responsibility of Huron Valley Guns, LLC.
When you have completed a purchase on the HuronValleyGuns.com website, by law we cannot ship the firearm(s) directly to you, unless you have a Federal Firearms License (FFL). We will ship the firearm(s) ONLY to individuals or agencies (i.e. gun dealers) in possession of a valid FFL.
- **IMPORTANT - Federal and State firearms regulations require that the person making the purchase MUST be the same person taking delivery of the firearm (including the payment method being used, matching the same person). Additional information can be viewed at "Don't Lie for the Other Guy"****
- If you do not know of an FFL Dealer near you, use the ATF's "Listing of Federal Firearms Licensees (FFLs) - 2017" site to find one to contact.
- Contact the FFL dealer to see if they would be willing to process the transfer and legal paperwork for you, and what their fee to do so would be. (Be aware that it is customary for your local FFL dealer to charge a nominal transfer/processing fee at the time you take delivery of your purchase. This transfer fee is strictly between you and your local FFL dealer. It is your responsibility to check with your local FFL dealer concerning their policy for this service and your obligations.)
- If you agree to the FFL Dealer's processing fee and terms, forward a copy (by fax or e-mail) of their valid FFL (along with all their pertinent contact and shipping address information) to Huron Valley Guns (see contact info below).
- At YOUR request, Huron Valley Guns will ship your purchased firearm(s) to the licensed FFL dealer, in your state, that you have selected. Make sure your FFL Dealer aware of the transaction and of the pending shipment.
- **IMPORTANT - Huron Valley Guns WILL NOT ship the purchased firearm(s) until we have received a copy of the valid FFL of the dealer you have requested us to ship to.**
- It is YOUR responsibility to read and be familiar with the HuronValleyGuns.com "Terms of Sales – Firearms and Ammunition" declaration.
- It is YOUR responsibility to ensure that YOU are allowed to purchase a firearm in your state and local community. View your State's regulations as to "Who May Not Own Guns".
- It is YOUR responsibility to ensure that the firearm(s) you purchase is/are legal to own in your state and local community. View your State's regulations as to "Types of Illegal Firearms".
- It is YOUR responsibility to inspect the contents of the shipment immediately upon receipt of the package(s), PRIOR to starting the legal transfer paperwork, for any manufacturer's defects (we inspect all firearms for manufacturer's defects prior to shipment, so chances are low of this occurring) or damage caused by the shipment carrier. Should there be damage during shipment, REPORT DAMAGE IMMEDIATELY TO THE CARRIER. It is YOUR responsibility file any and all damage claims with the shipment carrier.
- It is YOUR responsibility to make sure your local FFL dealer completes all the legally required transfer paperwork when you take delivery of the purchased firearm(s).
- Note: We do not ship to Alaska or Hawaii, so we cannot accept orders from those States.
You the buyer are responsible for forwarding a copy of your local gun dealer's FFL, and all pertinent contact and shipping address information, to HuronValleyGuns.com. Our contact information is as follows:
Huron Valley Guns
56477 Grand River Ave.
New Hudson, MI 48165
Online Catalog Purchase & Return Policy
For Online Catalog purchases, please note that we do not permit returns for the following purchases:
- NO REFUNDS for firearms and knives ordered online (once you purchase it, you own it!).
- NO REFUNDS for Special Order items (i.e. items not in HVG store inventory).
- NO REFUNDS for products Custom Configured to your specifications.
- NO REFUNDS for items sold "as is" ("Previously Owned" items are all sold "as is").
- NO REFUNDS for illumination devices, electronic sights, optics and night vision equipment.
Refunds will only be allowed for HVG store inventory items - subject to a 25% restocking fee.
(HVG store inventory items can be identified by the "Huron Valley Guns" target watermark on the product images.).
Returns are ONLY accepted for merchandise found defective immediately upon receipt. HuronValleyGuns.com will provide YOUR CHOICE of a replacement item (pending availability) or full refund AND pay the return shipping cost on all firearms and accessories found defective upon receipt. For your added convenience, HuronValleyGuns.com will also arrange for the defective items to be picked up and returned to us by the original shipper.
All Return Items Must be Shipped to:
Huron Valley Guns
56477 Grand River Ave.
New Hudson, MI 48165
**VERY IMPORTANT** - For ALL firearms purchases/transfers, please take your time to inspect your firearm(s) thoroughly BEFORE proceeding with the transfer paperwork. Once a new firearm is transferred to you, it is considered used, even if unfired. Consequently, we cannot provide a full refund for firearms once they have been transferred into your possession, you will be charged a 25% restocking fee. Also, we DO NOT reimburse FFL transfer fees on returned items.
We do understand that some manufacturer defects may not be identifiable upon initial inspection. However, upon discovering a defect AFTER the transfer, the firearm MUST be returned directly to the manufacturer for replacement or repair (in accordance with manufacturer's warranty policy). By sending a defective firearm directly to the manufacturer, you can avoid the unnecessary transfer fees of returning the firearm to us through your local FFL dealer. If we do receive a defective firearm that has already been transferred, we will simply forward the firearm to the manufacturer on your behalf. Manufacturer repaired firearms can be returned directly to the customer without additional FFL transfer or associated fees. However, if the manufacturer chooses to replace the firearm, the replacement firearm must transfer through your local FFL dealer to document the replacement firearm serial number.
**ALL AMMUNITION SALES ARE FINAL** - For safety and tampering reasons, we cannot and will not, accept returns of any ammunition purchases...NO EXCEPTIONS! So make sure you select the correct ammunition before purchasing.
Picking up items from our retail store:
- If you are NOT a legal resident of Michigan you cannot pick up a handgun from our store; you must have the gun transferred to an FFL dealer in your state. You may pick up a rifle or shotgun from our store if it is legal to own in your state of residence.
- If you intend to pick up an item from our retail store that you have ordered from the HuronValleyGuns.com website, please call in advance to see if your order is ready.
We accept all major credit cards processed through the eProcessingNetwork and Authorize.net payment gateway providers. Our e-commerce system is PCI compliant and our SSL Certificate is provided by GlobalSign, which provides the highest level of consumer data protection and exceptional buyer and seller fraud protection. (We recommend this method of payment.)
We also accept: Certified checks, cashiers checks, money orders and personal checks. However, personal checks require a mandatory 2-week hold and checking account will be verified with issuing bank. If paying by check or money order, send payment to:
Huron Valley Guns
46570 Humboldt Dr.
Novi, Michigan 48377
(This is the HVG clerical office address. Payments sent to the New Hudson HVG store address will result in a delay in the processing of your order.)
Note: The PayPal payment method is not accepted due to PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy - Prohibited Activities, prohibiting the processing of transactions related to "....(j) ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories, or (k) certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law".
Purchaser (Buyer) Certification
The Buyer certifies that he/she is not restricted or forbidden by law to own a firearm and hereby unequivocally states that he/she:
- is of LEGAL AGE to own the firearm(s), or ammunition, which they are purchasing.
- has NEVER been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year.
- is NOT a person who is under indictment for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year.
- is NOT a fugitive from justice.
- is NOT an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance.
- has NEVER been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to a mental institution.
- is NOT an alien illegally or unlawfully in the United states, or an alien admitted to the United states under a non-immigrant visa.
- has NOT been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions.
- having been a citizen of the United states, has NEVER renounced his or her citizenship.
- is NOT subject to a court order that restrains them from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of said intimate partner.
- has NOT been convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.
- CAN lawfully receive, possess, ship, or transport a firearm.
- is purchasing the firearm(s) for their personal ownership and NOT making a "straw purchase" on behalf of someone else.
- acknowledges that NO warranty is offered by the seller for the firearm(s) or ammunition, beyond the manufacturer's warranty.
- acknowledges that ALL ammunition purchases are FINAL and non-returnable.
Huron Valley Guns (HVG) reserves the right to cancel ANY transaction, for ANY reason, if it is deemed by HVG that ANY portion of the transaction, or person making the purchase, seems questionable!
If there are any questions regarding this "Terms of Sales" agreement, contact us at:
Huron Valley Guns
56477 Grand River Ave.
New Hudson, MI 48165
This "Terms of Sales" agreement last updated on: 2-9-2018