Firearms purchases on the HuronValleyGuns.com website cannot be shipped directly to the purchaser (unless the purchaser has a valid Federal Firearms License (FFL). By law, we must ship the firearm(s) ONLY to individuals or agencies (i.e. gun dealers) in possession of a valid FFL. At which point, that FFL dealer will process the transfer paperwork for the purchaser, in accordance with their Local, State and Federal firearms regulations.
Instructions for purchasing firearms on HuronValleyGuns.com:
- Find the firearm(s) you would like to purchase and complete the checkout and payment process (see Payment Methods below).
**IMPORTANT - Federal and State firearms regulations require that the person making the purchase MUST be the same person taking delivery of the firearm (including the payment method being used, matching the same person). Additional information can be viewed at "Don't Lie for the Other Guy"**
- If you do not know of an FFL Dealer near you, use the ATF's "Listing of Federal Firearms Licensees (FFLs) - 2017" site to find one to contact.
- Contact the FFL dealer to see if they would be willing to process the transfer and legal paperwork for you, and what their fee to do so would be. (Be aware that it is customary for your local FFL dealer to charge a nominal transfer/processing fee at the time you take delivery of your purchase. This transfer fee is strictly between you and your local FFL dealer. It is your responsibility to check with your local FFL dealer concerning their policy for this service and your obligations.)
- If you agree to the FFL Dealer's processing fee and terms, forward a copy (by fax or e-mail) of their valid FFL (along with all their pertinent contact and shipping address information) to Huron Valley Guns (see contact info below).
- At YOUR request, Huron Valley Guns will ship your purchased firearm(s) to the licensed FFL dealer, in your state, that you have selected. Make sure your FFL Dealer aware of the transaction and of the pending shipment.
**IMPORTANT - Huron Valley Guns WILL NOT ship the purchased firearm(s) until we have received a copy of the valid FFL of the dealer you have requested us to ship to.**
- It is YOUR responsibility to read and be familiar with the HuronValleyGuns.com Terms of Sales – Firearms and Ammunition.
- It is YOUR responsibility to ensure that YOU are allowed to purchase a firearm in your state and local community. View your State's regulations as to Who May Not Own Guns.
- It is YOUR responsibility to ensure that the firearm(s) you purchase is/are legal to own in your state and local community. View your State's regulations as to Types of Illegal Firearms.
- It is YOUR responsibility to inspect the contents of the shipment immediately upon receipt of the package(s), PRIOR to starting the legal transfer paperwork, for any manufacturer's defects (we inspect all firearms for manufacturer's defects prior to shipment, so chances are low of this occurring) or damage caused by the shipment carrier. Should there be damage during shipment, REPORT DAMAGE IMMEDIATELY TO THE CARRIER. It is YOUR responsibility file any and all damage claims with the shipment carrier.
- It is YOUR responsibility to make sure your local FFL dealer completes all the legally required transfer paperwork when you take delivery of the purchased firearm(s).
- Note: We do not ship to Alaska or Hawaii, so we cannot accept orders from those States.
We accept all major credit cards processed through the Intuit QBMS (QuickBooks Merchant Services) Payment Gateway. Our e-commerce system is PCI compliant and our SSL Certificate is provided by GlobalSign, which provides the highest level of consumer data protection and exceptional buyer and seller fraud protection. (We recommend this method of payment.)
We also accept: Certified checks, cashiers checks, money orders and personal checks. However, ALL checks and money orders are subjected to a verification process with the issuing financial institution; and personal check transactions require a mandatory 2-week hold for the payment to fully clear.
If paying by check or money order, please mail to:
Huron Valley Guns
46570 Humboldt Dr.
Novi, Michigan 48377
(This is the HVG clerical office address. Payments mailed to the New Hudson HVG retail store address will result in a delay in the processing of your order.)
Note: The PayPal payment method is not available due to PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy - Prohibited Activities, prohibiting the processing of transactions related to "....(j) ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories, or (k) certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law".
Provide Copy of the Dealer Federal Firearms License (FFL)
When you have completed your firearm purchase and have found an FFL Dealer to process the transfer, use this form to submit a copy of the dealer's FFL (we cannot ship your order until we receive the FFL):