What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you place an order, sign up for a membership, or enter registration information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for a membership, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
How do we protect visitor information?
- Our website is scanned on a regular basis, by our hosting provider Liquid Web, for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
- We use regular Malware Scanning.
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. Our SSL Certificate is issued by GlobalSign.
- We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order to maintain the safety of your personal information.
- Currently, all online transactions are processed through the eProcessingNetwork and Authorize.net payment gateway providers, where your credit card data is securely collected and processed on their servers, not on our servers. We do not store your credit card or financial information on our website server
- If you choose to save your payment details for future checkout orders (known as "tokenization"), your payment information is securely stored by the eProcessingNetwork and Authorize.net payment gateway providers.
- The HVG Online Catalog shopping section is hosted by Gearfire. The Credit Card Billing Information, Shipping Information, and Contact Information in the Gearfire catalog checkout process are required in order to process your order and deliver the product to you. Gearfire stores some basic information for accounting reasons, but not your credit card information. Your basic information will not be shown to third parties not involved in the transaction, nor used to send you any unrequested information. The entire checkout process is handled through a secure SSL-encrypted connection. The Credit Card Billing Information is channeled directly to our payment gateway provider eProcessingNetwork, who processes your credit card transaction. The credit card information is neither recorded nor stored by Gearfire, and it can only be accessed by the eProcessingNetwork payment provider. Each transaction has a very high level of security. Your credit card details are sent directly to the payment provider over a secure SSL-encrypted connection. They are not processed on the Gearfire servers at any stage of the transaction, nor are they stored on the Gearfire servers. All information collected during the checkout process is transmitted via industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) featuring 128-bit encryption. A Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Certificate creates an encrypted link between a website and a visitor's Web browser. This link ensures that all data passed between the website and the browser remains private and secure.
Do we use 'cookies'?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to "turn off all cookies". You do this through your browser settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser's Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies settings.
If you "turn off all cookies", some features will be disabled that make your site experience more efficient (like page and image load speed) and some of our custom coding may not function as optimally designed.
However, even with cookies turned off, you will always be able to place orders.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
We have not enabled Google AdSense on our site, and have no plans to do so in the future.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
Users are always able to change their personal information:
- By logging in to their account.
How does our site handle browser do not track signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
We do not allow third-party behavioral tracking.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
The HVG web site is not geared towards anyone under the age of 18 years of age and does not accept any registrations or transactions from individuals under the age of 18.
In compliance with COPPA, when it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation's consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online. We do not market to children under 13.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify the users via email:
- Within 1 business day
We will notify the users via in-site notification:
- Within 1 business day
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- We may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
- NOT use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using a link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at:
firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly remove you from ALL marketing correspondence.
Huron Valley Guns
56477 Grand River Ave.
New Hudson, MI 48165
Ph: (248) 667-9910
Fax: (248) 667-9912