Huron Valley Guns will offer events and competitions from time-to-time to provide you with the latest firearms knowledge and training techniques to improve your firearms skills. Whether your goal is advancing your shooting skills, training for self-defense, or just to have fun participating in a competitive event. Our instructors will successfully guide you with the following events:
HVG Pistol Challenge - Event 1 Results
EVENTS Now Available at Huron Valley Guns
Click the plus [+] sign to view details and "Register" button for that event
HVG PISTOL CHALLENGE - EVENT 2
Match Starts: Friday, February 16, 2018 @ 5:00 PM
Match Ends: Friday, February 16, 2018 @ 7:30 PM
Location: Huron Valley Guns, New Hudson, MI
Cost: $5/run for non-members; $4/run for members of Huron Valley Guns.
Every Friday night at Huron Valley Guns, starting 2/9/2018 (8 Fridays in total), we will hold a pistol shooting challenge on the 25yd range. Each Friday night will be a different course of fire (CoF) that can be run as many times as you like within the available time window and availability of the range.
Description: Competitors will pay and receive their targets at the range desk. Each course of fire will require 3 magazines with 10 rounds each to complete (30 rounds for score). The CoF will change each week and will be posted at the range desk. You will be able to shoot for score as many times as you like assuming the range and course are available. No strong side holsters are required, but recommended. You will be able to perform table starts. Reloads from the belt or the table, your choice. All shooting will be from the freestyle unsupported position. If you are unable to fire all shots during a presentation you will be able to make them up on the next. Goal is to fire for score 30 rounds. (300 points possible, X's will break ties).
- 1st place - 1-hour free range time
- 2nd place - 1/2-hour free range time
- Random Draw - 1-hour free range time
(Each time you run the CoF you will be entered for a random prize draw to be drawn at the end of each week. The more you play the higher your chance of winning for that week.)
Scores will be posted each week on Practiscore along with prize winners. You'll be able to check your progress from week to week with some of the best shooters in the area.
The CoF will be posted at the range desk each week and here on Practiscore. You will pay and receive your targets at the front range counter. The RSO on-duty will run the program when you are ready, so please let them know which lane and how many times you will be running the CoF.
Targets will be scored by the on-duty RSO and will be kept for scoring entry at the end of the evening. Results will be posted by the following Monday.
- Division 1 - Semi-Auto Unlimited (any optical sight)
- Division 2 - Semi-Auto Practical (irons) or Revolver (irons)
- Caliber: 9mm or larger
- SA Magazines: 3 required
- Wheel Gun Speed Loaders: enough for 30 rounds
- Rounds per magazine: 10 rounds
- Total round count: 30 rounds for score
HVG Pistol Challenge Event 2 - Course of Fire (CoF):
Shooter will signal RSO to start CoF.
Pistol will start at the low ready, muzzle touching table.
1) At start, target will move out to 5yd on edge, turn and expose for 2.0s. (FIRE 5 rounds).
2) Target will edge and move out to 7yd, turn and expose for 2.5s. (FIRE 5 rounds).
3) Target will edge and dwell for 3.0s (RELOAD).
4) Target will travel to 10yd, turn and expose for 4.5s (FIRE 5 rounds).
5) Target will edge and travel to 15yd, turn and expose for 5.0s (FIRE 5 rounds).
6) Target will edge and dwell for 3.0s (RELOAD).
7) Target will travel to 20yd, turn and expose for 6.0s (Fire 5 rounds).
8) Target will edge and travel to 25yd, turn and expose for 7.5s (FIRE 5 rounds).
9) Target will edge and return for scoring.
CoF will then be complete. Take down your target and record your First and Last Name, Division, and the total number of rounds fired (30 max).
Give target to the RSO on-duty for official scoring.
HVG will retain the target for score entry, you are more than welcome to take photo for bragging rights.
No bullet holes that are larger than two bullet diameters will count for score (example, shot fired during target turn which makes radial tear, won't score)
General match, with the following divisions: Unlimited, Practical, Revolver
Price: $5/run for non-members; $4/run for members of Huron Valley Guns.
Come join us each Friday for this fun and challenging competition at Huron Valley Guns. Don't forget to come by early and have dinner at Molly Pitcher's, the food is excellent.
Pre-registering will help us manage the number of lanes that will be used based on participation. Pay per run.
Click the "Register" button to register online for this event.